We started out our Thanksgiving by heading out to Mocksville (always running a little late) then eating until we just about popped at Ma Maw's. Everyone in the family was there except Jennifer with her newborn, Jay, JT ,Lynda and Brad's wife, Jennifer. It was a glorious day in the warm fall sun. Lots of laughter (I am thankful for that) surrounded everyone you were around. That is one thing the Sanders family has perfected. There was the annual football game with the men (and the little man Garrison) and the who can fall asleep the fastest after eating contest (Ross took home the prize for that one) I had been thinking if it rained my poor kids would be so bored. Well (yet another thing to be thankful for) it didn't rain and the kids didn't need a single toy. They raked and re raked leaves into a pile to jump and frolic in for, I don't know three or more hours. The funny story about that is, My uncle Howie and Aunt Lucy had blown the leaves before everyone had gotten there so everything would be clean and tidy. Then Matt pulls out the rake and starts raking leaves from the neighbors yard into our yard to make a pile for his son Garrison and then that's all it took to get my three in on the mix. It was an all out leaf festival. We had family pictures in the leaves, leaf confetti, hide Liam in the leaves, I am telling you the games went on and on. (another Sanders trait is imagination) So that was well used in the game we made up for Liam. He had to wiggle his little arms and hands all the way down a branch on a tree to get it to drop him off to the ground. He did it too! What do you think of that? The kids had to be majorly cleaned up before our next destination.... Donna and Ricky's for yes you guessed it more food and family. This time it was more inside and meeting newest family members Jackson, and Morgan (whom they call Smorgan) little sweethearts. We spent time chatting and catching up with family we really don't see that often. It was fun for the kids too, they played hide and seek and all sorts of silly games on the swing. Great day of fun and family. We did however miss our family in New Jersey. We called the day before and the day of to let everyone know just how much they are loved and will be missed on this and every day we are apart. Marissa is getting closer and closer to her due date and is finally feeling good. She and Jon have picked out a name for their little peanut but I'm not tellin'. Dad and Jon are getting up and out the door before 4 am to go to Kohl's and do the door buster shopping on BLACK FRIDAY!! Good luck, hope you find what you are looking for.
As for me the day after Thanksgiving consists of doing laundry, making meals for my munchkins and leaving for work later. Yes, life as usual. That's the way I like it. I can always count on there to be clothes and dishes to be washed, floors to be cleaned, dust to be pushed around, and food to be prepared. I will always be needed and hopefully they will all be thankful for having me . I sure am thankful for them.
Press Play.
Lisa
Friday, November 23, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
I LOVED IT!! It made me Cry. Between the song and the pictures of everyone. I love you all!
Thanks for including us in your Thanksgiving update. I love the video you put together; it really captured the day. And the song is one of my favorites too! Well done!
Post a Comment