Monday, January 28, 2008

It's January!!




Aunt Brooke with little Aynsley! Granny holding little Isabelle




What the heck....Christmas was a whirlwind of crazy and now it's O-V-E-R. I loved it once it arrived but leading up to I worked more than I would like....I had began to wonder what it was like to put my own kids to bed at night. Now that all that's over it is nice to reflect on spending time with family and sharing the gift of giving. We were excited to have Mom and Dad Stocklin stay with us over Christmas. They drove down and stayed with us for a couple of days before Christmas, so they were here to go to Ma Maw's for Christmas dinner again. I got to see Isabelle ( just like Julia's middle name) ,Jennifer's little one, for the first time. She looks so much like Jenn did when she was a little one. It's always fun to be around family but sometimes it gets too crowded because our family keeps expanding. Ma Maw only has her little rooms in her house so it's always nice when we can get outside to spread out some. We had a nice Christmas dinner with our families.(my parents and Rossy's parents, our kiddies ) It was nice to have so many people in the house. I know our children were spoiled to death with all their Christmas loot. They ran from package to package ripping and grabbing the next to see what's inside. Unfortunately Aynsley was a little sick over Christmas and ended up getting Mamie and Pap Pop sick on their way back to NJ. (we all got it) I felt so bad that they went home with a gift that wasn't such a good one.

All in all I would say everyone enjoyed themselves.


We celebrated New Years by me working and Ross going to bed early.....Wow! Hey I am usually in the bed before the New Year anyway so I was better off working anyway. The kids just thought it was another ordinary day. But Aynsley knew that it was January, and so began the countdown. Yes, to her birthday.


She had decided that she was to have her party at Bounce U (this indoor inflatable jump place) It's great fun but will break a poor woman.......that poor woman is me. So much fun for them though. Everyone from her class came and all of her other friends came too. Granny, Grandaddy, Brooke, Curtis, Dee, Jessie, Ryan & Scott came too. There were lots of people there. It was supposed to be for the kids but I think my dad, Gina, Brooke, and Curtis had just as much (if not more) fun than all the kids combined. It was nice to see everyone enjoy. Aynsley had a great time and that was all worth it for me. She is already planning out her next birthday party. Can you believe her?



No comments: