Beads, Beads, More Beads If You Please!!
There was no lack of them let me tell you. There were beads coming in all directions, a few hit my face. It was absolutely the best parade I have ever been to in my life.....and that includes the Mocksville parade where they used to throw out candy when I was a little girl.....The atmosphere was just amazing, people so happy and carefree. Trying so hard to catch the bead bombs that were flying all around them. There was no lack of excitement. The floats were fabulous and so many. We were supposed to see American Idol Taylor Hicks but we stayed too long at dinner and missed the beginning of the parade, we were in Grand Stands so it was very easy to view the parade and did I mention BEADS? Way too easy to get them too. Ross and I left the parade wanting to stay another night to see a few more and to experience a little more of what New Orleans had to offer.
We started off getting there Friday afternoon, checked into the hotel and off we went on a search for gourmet.... we ended up at Lucy's retired surfers restaurant ( all the nice ones closed at 2:00, we tried Emril's and one other) we had fish tacos that were really good and I had two $5.00 Corona's (that is steep!) Oh well it is Mardi Gras. Then we could
n't handle it anymore.....we just had to run up to our room for something we haven't done in I can't remember how long.....(it's not what you're thinking)....to catch a nap before we all gathered for dinner. Oh how nice was that. I almost didn't want to get up for our dinner. We met some folks there that we jived with really well and found out that we had all planned the same activities and dinner for the following evening so we were excited about that. After dinner Ross and I went up to the roof top pool and jacuzzi for a little R&R and it was so beautiful and cold when you got out of the water but fun!
The next day we took a walking tour of the French Quarter. Very interesting and VERY COLD. we walked from 10am to 4pm. after the tour we shopped and how could we resist finding Brad and Angelina's pad...not too shabby but they were nowhere in site....the door was cracked a bit as if someone were out on the veranda but had stepped in, we didn't want to stalk too much so we left after snapping some quick pics. We saw some very interesting and or talented people along the streets and loads of wonderful art. It was like a museum of sorts along the french quarter.
When we got back to the hotel it was a rush to get ready for our dine around plans we went to a really nice dinner had drinks and a good time. Ross and I really appreciated the time we had together and couldn't believe it would be over the next morning. We thought, because we wanted to get some more shopping done and go out to Brennen's for breakfast that we would only stay at the parade for a few minutes but after we got there and the energy in the air got our systems we stayed the entire parade and had a blast.
The next day we did just as we had planned. Brennen's for Breakfast was a little more than I thought it would be. A two hour Breakfast!!!!! After that we had to rush back to the hotel and ride off to the airport with a few of the other guests.
Our kiddies were back at Nana Lynda's having a great time and probably not even missing us at all but we were eager to get back to them once our flight plans started taking their course. By Sunday at 7:30 everything was pretty much back to normal we were cleaning up and the kiddies were getting ready for bed, it was almost like the whole thing was just a nice dream....but I have the 50lbs of beads to prove it was all was real


2 comments:
How Nice. I am glad you guys got to experience it.
Oh by the way, I knew you meant a nap.
What are sisters for?
Dee
Loved seeing it all. Thanks for taking the time to send it. Loved the music video with tunes!! Di
Post a Comment